Ari.farm is a mission-driven startup that has developed an innovative online platform that enables anyone anywhere in the world to easily invest in agriculture in Africa. We enable our users to make money and real social impact through their smarpthone.
Ari.farm is founded by Mohamed M Jimale, who grew up as a nomad in Somalia where his family have been livestock farmers for generations. In 2010, he moved to Sweden as a refugee where he started other projects and worked for the UN. Before moving to Sweden, he studied IT.
In 2016, Somalia was hit by severe drought that has impacted the lives of many nomads (who account for half of Somalia’s population). Jimale wanted to do something. So he decided to combine his intimate connection to the nomads and his IT skills to build the most epic app that allows people from all over the world to buy animals such as goats and sheep from the nomads.
He launched Ari.farm in August 2016. Jimale’s mission with Ari.farm is to support livestock farmers in East Africa by giving them new market for their animals and create jobs for them. His vision is to make the whole livestock market more efficient with technology.
In Somalia livestock accounts for 40% of the country’s economy. Any investment and improvements in this sector will have profound impact in the lives of people and the local economy.
Registered in Kenya
ARI AND GEEL LTD
P.O BOX 102281-00101
Kujacraft bldg, Eastleigh
Operations in Somalia
ARI AFRICA LTD
Maka Al Mukarama Str,
What the community says
- Ari.farm is very interesting. To be able to own animals in Africa, support economic development and take a social responsibility.
- Bought a goat and have since then googled photos of goats. The idea was to give the goat to my brother.. but now I'm attached.
- In a simple and playful way we have now bought 2 goats in Somalia. Through our investment we contribute to create jobs for people who don't have opportunities today.
- For the first time in my life I have bought two goats via Paypal - in Somalia! After i read about Ari.farm
- My first goat has arrived. Her name is Hedvid and she is pregnant. She is the start of the family's goat market career and she creates job opportunities in Somalia.
- A charity that makes a real difference and maybe a good investment.
- Cool, I am now a proud goat owner!